The Nicholas and Lee Begovich Center for Gravitational-Wave Physics and Astronomy (GWPAC) at California State University, Fullerton welcomes applications for a Postdoctoral Associate in Gravitational-Wave Physics.
For full consideration, please complete your application by December 1, 2020.
GWPAC faculty members include Al Agnew, Geoffrey Lovelace, Jocelyn Read, and Director Joshua Smith.
The successful applicant will establish and carry out a research program in gravitational-wave physics that complements the existing strengths in GWPAC and involves undergraduate and master’s students. Women and members of underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Current areas of focus include experimental and theoretical development toward the next generation of gravitational-wave observatories; searches for binary systems with black holes and neutron stars with the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory (LIGO); experimental gravitational-wave detector optics; waveform modeling, including analytical solutions for neutron stars with realistic equations of state, modes, and tides; numerical relativity, including simulations of merging black holes and contributions to the development of SpECTRE, a next-generation numerical-relativity code.
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/csufasc/jobs/2905962/post-doctora...
Please note that our human resources department uses a fairly generic form for the application:
• Most importantly, in the Attachments section, please upload a CV and a statement of research interests and experience.
• Under the Info section, it’s not necessary to enter a driver’s license, shifts available to work, type of job you are looking for, or type of work you will accept.
• Under the Work section, please only list positions held after the date you received your doctorate.
• Under “References,” please include contact information for three references from whom we can request letters of recommendation at a later time.
• If you have any trouble uploading your CV and research statement, please send them directly by email to glovelace(AT)fullerton.edu.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Geoffrey Lovelace at glovelace(AT)fullerton.edu.