The first Multi-Messenger Continuous Gravitational-Wave Workshop will be held from 11-13 July 2023 at Nikhef/ University of Amsterdam.
The first aim of this workshop is to bring together people inside and outside the LIGO/Virgo/KAGRA collaborations working on anything related to continuous gravitational waves, and to facilitate connections with astronomers that provide the necessary electromagnetic observations that enable us to search for continuous waves.
The second aim of this workshop is to create a tutorials about how continuous-wave data analysis is done that will be accessible to anyone interested in getting involved in searches for continuous waves, as well as to broaden the understanding even amongst continuous-wave scientists about how these searches actually work.
We welcome abstracts from the community, and especially for early career scientists, for whom we hope to be able to provide some registration fee waivers. If you would like to request this support, please indicate so upon registering.
- Joseph Bayley (University of Glasgow)
- David Keitel (University of the Balearic Islands)
- Andrzej Krolak (Polish Academy of Sciences)
- Ansel Neunzert (Caltech)
- Ornella Piccinni (IFAE Barcelona) (TBC)
- Andrea Possenti (INAF, Cagliari) (TBC)
- Danny Steeghs (University of Warkwick) (TBC)
- Review on continuous gravitational-wave searches
- Radio pulsar timing
- Scorpius X-1
- Neutron star astrophysics
- Gravitational-wave probes of dark matter
- Detector characterization for continuous-wave searches
- Multi-messenger probes of neutron star Equation of States
We look forward to welcoming you in Amsterdam!
LOC: Andrew Miller, Chris van der Broek, Andreas Freise
SOC: Andrew Miller, Cristiano Palomba