The 4th European Physical Society Conference on Gravitation, organised by the Gravitational Physics Division will be held in person in Valencia (Spain) on November 13-15, 2023. The aim of the conference is to showcase the rich landscape of current research in black hole physics and to stimulate exchange of ideas and discussion among the participants. Once regarded as a mathematical curiosity of Einstein’s general relativity, the importance of black holes in fundamental physics is now incontrovertible. Black holes play a prominent role across many branches of physics, from astrophysics and cosmology to high-energy physics, from information theory to quantum gravity. Many such aspects of black hole physics will be covered at the 4th EPS Conference on Gravitation, and from a theoretical, observational and phenomenological perspective.
The conference is organised in three days, each one focused around three key topics — theory, observations, phenomenology — introduced by invited speakers and contributed talks followed by round table discussions. There will also be a poster session. The scientific program will be finalised in the upcoming days.
The conference will take place at ADEIT, the University-Enterprise Foundation of the University of Valencia.
The registration fee for the conference is 50€. The fee includes access to all sessions, all coffee breaks and lunches, the Monday Welcome cocktail, the conference dinner, and the certificate of participation issued online.
- Mairi Sakellariadou (King’s College London, UK)
- Nelson Christensen (Observatoire de la Côte d'Azur, France)
- Karsten Danzmann (Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Universität, MPI für Gravitationsphysik, Germany)
- José Antonio Font (Universitat de Valencia, Spain)
- Philippe Jetzer (Universität Zürich, Switzerland)
- Renate Loll (Radboud University, The Netherlands)
- Jürgen Müller (Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany)
- Alena Pravdova (Institute of Mathematics of the Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic)
- Fulvio Ricci (Università di Roma “La Sapienza”, Italy)
- Stefano Vitale (Università di Trento, Italy)
- David Wands (University of Portsmouth, United Kingdom)
Local Organizing committee at University of Valencia:
- Isabel Cordero-Carrión
- Adrian del Río
- José Antonio Font
- Susana Planelles
- Milton Ruiz
- Nicolás Sanchis-Gual
- Alejandro Torres-Forné