The BONN neutron star workshops aim to bring together observers and theoreticians to exchange and discuss new ideas related to neutron star research.
STRUCTURE OF THE MEETING
There will be topical sessions related to NSs science across the spectrum, from gamma rays to radio, and gravitational waves. Each presentation has a duration of 15 minutes (including Q&A). At the end of the meeting, there will be a wrap-up session, in which the main topics and open questions will be discussed. Lunches and coffee breaks are sponsored by the MPIfR and there will be an optional conference dinner at your own expense.
The many faces of NSs: emission from gamma-rays to radio and gravitational waves
- Fermi pulsars
- X-ray pulsars
- Discoveries from new radio facilities
- Continuous GW searches
- NS and FRB link
SCIENTIFIC ORGANISING COMMITTEE
M. Cruces (MPIfR), P. Freire (MPIfR), H. Hu (MPIfR), M. Kramer (MPIfR), K. Lackeos (MPIfR), N. Langer (AIfA) and L. Spitler (MPIfR)
LOCAL ORGANISING COMMITTEE
M. Bernadich (MPIfR), M. Cruces (MPIfR), A. Dutta (MPIfR), A. Ercolino (AIfA), H. Hu (MPIfR), A. Kazanstev (MPIfR), P. Limaye (MPIfR), D. Pillay (MPIfR), I. Rammala (MPIfR), A. Schootemeijer (AIfA) and J. Wongphechauxsorn (MPIfR)
Contact: mscruces(at)mpifr-bonn.mpg.de; jompoj(at)mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
IMPORTANT INFORMATION UPON REGISTRATION
- Please notice that at the registration stage, you will be asked whether you prefer a 2-day (Wednesday 19 to Thursday 20, April) or 1-day (Wednesday 19, April) workshop. Based on the participant registration and number of abstracts submitted we will inform you by March 13, 2023, if the meeting will be held over 1 or 2 days.
- Only abstracts of registered participants will be considered. This is to avoid contributions being accepted but no longer having spots to register participants.
- If all 50 seats are filled by the time you try to register, you can contact us to be included in the waiting list. If other participants can no longer attend the workshop, we will inform you.
- Abstract submission deadline: March 12, 2023 (only abstracts of registered participants will be considered)
- Definition of meeting duration: March 13, 2023.
- Accepted contributions: March 27, 2023
- Registration deadline: April 5, 2023, or until all 50 seats are filled.
Please find full details on the conference website: https://events.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de/indico/event/320/overview