The school, organised by the Italian Society of General Relativity and Gravitation (SIGRAV) in February 2021, aims at providing robust and deep knowledge of Physics and Astrophysics of the compact objects in the context of General Relativity and its possible modifications. The school will include courses devoted to the detection and the analysis of the Gravitational Wave signals emitted by these objects from the nano to kiloHertz frequency bandwidth.
- The School is intended for PhD students and young post-docs. Students are requested to attend all lectures and seminars. Whoever may be interested in attending the School and is not entitled - for his age or other reasons - to be considered a student, may follow the courses as observer.
- To attend the school, applicants are required to pay the participation fee within the deadline 11 Jan 2021. Fees must be paid by students and observers following the instructions, with no difference in procedure or amount of the fee.
- Breakfast and lunch will be organized by the School in the same hotel, as included in the fees. Dinner is free.
- As courses start on Monday mornings, students should arrive at the hotel on Sunday. The school registration will take place on Monday morning.
- Applicants must reserve a room at Lloyd's Baia Hotel within the deadline 11 Jan 2021 (https://www.lloydsbaiahotel.it), single or shared rooms with 2 or 3 beds are available. To book, applicants must fill the hotel form (see the Practical Information section of this site) and provide the names of the other room-sharing candidates. The hotel will not arrange room sharing unless the other applicant's name is indicated.
- For pandemic reasons, SIGRAV recommends booking single rooms, in order to ensure the recommended distance between people. If this is not possible and applicants wish to be put in contact with other students to share a room, they can write to the LOC. SIGRAV assumes no responsibility for the satisfaction of the roommate and for the resolution of any cohabitation problems.
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, a security protocol will be adopted to ensure a comfortable and safe stay. The use of a safety mask is mandatory for the whole period of stay. Detergents and disinfection materials will be provided, the safety distance between the chairs of the conference room and the restaurant will be guaranteed and the temperature of the participants will be checked during the stage. The school area and hotel lobby will be disinfected and regularly ventilated. Registration will take place individually, ensuring safety distances. The check-in procedure includes the mandatory health self-declaration.
- Applicants with special requests, such as visa authorization documents or food restrictions or invoice for the refund of fees etc etc, should contact the LOC in advance.
- Unfortunately, no funding is foreseen for applicants for this SIGRAV 2021 school.
- If applicants cannot attend school due to pandemic reasons, the school fee will be refunded. The hotel cancellation informations are in the Practical Information section of this site.
The school will be held at Lloyd's Baia Hotel (Vietri sul Mare), located 3 km far from Salerno and considered the gateway to the Amalfi Coast. For generations the inhabitants of this lovely seaside town have been producing precious porcelain.
Vietri can be reached in one hour, by bus/train from Naples Airport and in three hours from Rome Airport. Short rides, by bus/train take to Positano, Sorrento, Herculaneum, Pompei, Paestum, Vesuvius or, by boat, to the islands of Capri, Ischia, Procida.
Physics of compact objects within the framework of GR and beyond,
Prof. L. Gualtieri (Roma Sapienza)
Observational Methods based on the detection of Gravitational Waves,
Dr. A. Sesana (Milano Bicocca)
Data analysis and General Relativity tests
Prof. W. Del Pozzo (Università Pisa)
Multimessanger Astronomy with Gravitational Waves and Electromagnetic Signals,
Prof. M. Branchesi (GSSI)
Vietri sul Mare
Loyd's Baia Hotel
via Benedetto Croce
84121 Salerno SA
Starts 1 Feb 2021, 08:30
Ends 5 Feb 2021, 19:00 (CET)
Please find full information on the conference website: https://agenda.infn.it/event/23750/overview