The Joint Space-Science Institute is pleased to announce the 2019 JSI Workshop: "The New Faces of Black Holes". The workshop will be held on November 11-13, 2019 in historic Annapolis, Maryland.
Workshop topics will include:
GRAVITATIONAL WAVES FROM BLACK HOLES
* Ground-based; LIGO/Virgo/KAGRA O3 and beyond
* Space-based; LISA
* Pulsar timing arrays
TIME DOMAIN ASTRONOMY AND ASTROPHYSICS
* Tidal Disruption Events
* Reverberation Mapping
* LISA EM Counterparts, evidence for binary SMBHs
* AGN Variability (changing-look quasars, QPOs, etc.)
EVENT HORIZON TELESCOPE AND HIGH-RESOLUTION IMAGING
* What have we learned from current EHT analysis?
* What will we learn from EHT in the future?
* Gravity VLT results on SgrA* and 3C273
* Dynamical Black Hole Mass Measurements
* Aaron Barth (UC Irvine)
* Misty Bentz (Georgia State)
* Emanuele Berti (JHU)
* Laura Blecha (Florida)
* Jason Dexter (CU Boulder)
* Frank Eisenhauer (MPE)
* Mike Eracleous (Penn State)
* Ben Farr (Oregon)
* Vincent Fish (MIT/Haystack)
* Evan Hall (MIT)
* Michael Johnson (CfA)
* Chelsea MacLeod (CfA)
* Maura McLaughlin (WVU)
* Lia Medeiros (Princeton)
* Krista Smith (Stanford)
* Nick Stone (Hebrew U.)
* Sjoert van Velzen (NYU/UMD)
The program will also feature contributed talks and posters.
More information will be posted at the workshop web site
and registration will open when the site is ready.